Thursday, April 25, 2013

the final words

an imaginary situation when a prisoner speaks to his sleeping child before hes sent away for execution [listen to this guy ! what r u....wordsworth ??]



Sleep well my child, sleep deep now
As I cradle you, I wish if only somehow
I could turn the clock back, just a while
My time is done, in my arms you smile

                      Never think I abdicated, left you behind
                      I'll watch you ever, in you, Me, I find
                     Live by your mind, child, it does not cheat
                     The heart is young, gives in to mens' deceit

Never believe in what others want you to
The world has many who shan't pay a due
never let them say "cannot", if asked why
Limits are of thoughts, the roads or the sky

                   The day may rise when you lose to spite
                   I shall carry you then, Ill add your might
                   If only I could turn time back, only a while
                   The gallows wait, my child, she just smiles

3 comments: